Frame Weaving Workshop
Led by artist Lindsey Campbell of Hello Hydrangea, our frame weaving kit and workshop guides you through a specialized technique: weaving yarn in floating patterns on a fixed, notch and peg-less frame. The end result? A modern black-and-white decor piece that’s ready to hang in your home. Lindsey guides you through the basics of frame weaving, including warping the wood and navigating the two included patterns. But this workshop isn’t just for beginners—experienced weavers will learn new techniques, including the crochet-inspired chain stitch, to create beautiful fiber art. Carry what you learn with you on your crafting journey and use these techniques to weave custom patterns on frames of all sizes.
This workshop includes:
- Tools and materials to make a modern frame loom weaving
- A detailed, digital workshop by Lindsey Campbell
- A recorded Maker Chat Q&A with the artist
The specialty tools and materials in our frame loom weaving kit include:
- 10-by-10-inch handcrafted birch wood frame
- Two four-ply wool yarn skeins in black and sugar
- Two 4mm metal crochet hooks
- Tapestry needle
- Custom diamond pattern
- Custom star pattern
Learn more about the details of this project on Lindsey’s Featured Maker Page.