Brass Mobile Workshop
Build your own DIY mobile with our brass mobile kit and workshop collaboration with artist Sarah Perez of Electric Sun Creatives. Sarah leads us through a study in balance, composition, and design by working with sheet metal and brass tubing to create a sculptural brass mobile that’ll bring a glamorous touch to your home.
Learn how to manipulate metal using the tools and techniques that Sarah practices in her studio. You’ll get step-by-step instructions for three different mobile structures in two different sizes, so you can customize your own creation.
This workshop includes:
- A detailed, digital workshop by Sarah Perez
- A live and recorded Maker Chat Q&A for our community to join in creative conversation
- Tools and materials to create a unique brass mobile
The specialty tools and materials in our brass mobile kit include:
- 4-by-10-inch length of brass sheet metal, to make roughly 16-piece kinetic mobile
- 2 yards of brass 16-gauge wire
- Tinner metal shears designed to carefully slice through soft metal
- Carbon steel metal punches, sizes 1.5 and 2mm
- Set of pliers
Learn more about the details of this project on Sarah’s Featured Maker Page.