Bookbinding Materials Kit: Ready-to-Marble White
Create one-of-a-kind marbled covers for your hand-stitched books. This is an add-on for the Bookbinding: Hand-Stitching Workshop with Bari Zaki, and includes additional materials to bind two more beautiful books. For our makers who have completed our Paper Marbling Workshop with Natalie Stopka, this colorway features luxurious white cover card stock. In Bari’s original workshop, she gives an in-depth tutorial on two hand stitching techniques for non-adhesive bindings as we learn how to make a book. Note: see supplies below that you’ll need to have on-hand.
This listing includes:
- Three sheets heavyweight cardstock paper in Pristine White
- 40 sheets sulphite drawing paper in white, 8 x 12″
- 12 sheets sulphite drawing paper in white, 7 x 10″
- Waxed linen thread in black and white, 10y each
- Black striped cotton ribbon
- White card stock sheet, 2 x 7″
- Double tack mounting archival film
- Drafting Dots
Materials to have at home:
- Note that you will need a wider marbling tray to accommodate the larger size paper in this bundle. A cookie sheet with a 1″ depth will work beautifully!
Note: This listing is intended to accompany Bari Zaki’s Bookbinding: Hand Stitching Workshop. Purchasing this add-on listing by itself will not allow access to Bari’s digital workshop or include all the materials in the original workshop.
Learn more about the details of this project on Bari Zaki’s Featured Maker Page.
- Beginner to Intermediate
- Make Time:
- An afternoon (plus drying time)
- Kit Type:
- Workshop Extension
- Recommended Learning:
- Paper Marbling Workshop