New Pibione Wall Weaving Colorways
For those who already have our 18×24″ maple loom and are ready to dive into more pibione tapestry weaving, we’ve collaborated with Love Fest Fibers (who provided the beautiful blue chunky yarn in our original Pibione Tapestry Weaving Workshop) to bring you five additional color options in their ReLove Merino Wool. This materials kit includes a skein of super chunky yarn in your choice of six colors, the soft 3-ply cotton rope needed for fringe, the sturdy warp that Lindsey loves, and a new 16″ dowel to hang your weaving from.
This pibione weaving kit includes:
- a new skein of super chunky Love Fest Fibers yarn in your choice of five colors (see below)
- 3-ply cotton rope (Lindsey’s ideal for fringe)
- sturdy cotton warp (to warp a new weaving)
- a 16″ dowel
Merino & Recycled Plastic Bottles
Each ball of ReLove Merino is made from Love Fest Fibers’ exclusive blend of fine merino and premium American recycled plastic bottle fiber. So soft and cozy, you’d never know that each 50 yards of ReLove Merino rescues some 15 plastic bottles from being landfilled. Utilizing premium recycled material also gives your creations added resilience. ReLove Merino is spun in small batches on a Washington State family farm. Each bump is carefully crafted, taking 1-2 hours to spin.
- Spun in Washington State
- Fiber: ½ ethically-sourced South African merino wool; ½ Global Recycle Standard Certified rPET; recycled cotton core
- Yardage: Approximately 15 yards per skein
- ~1 stitch per inch
- If venturing outside of weaving… suggested knitting needles: US Size 50 (25mm), suggested crochet hook: US Size U (25mm)
- Care: Dry clean for best results. Chunky knits are delicate; shedding and pilling are natural with use.
- Rust: a rich terracotta color evoking a Southwestern red sunset meets the rich red clay of Sedona
- Denim: a variated blue ranging from a soft powder blue to a rich cobalt
- Kelp: a variated deep slate grey/green
- Leche: Love Fest Fiber’s version of a natural ecru/cream
- Curry: a variated yellow ranging from light straw to a rich mustard
Note: This kit is intended for those that have participated in Lindsey Campbell’s Pibione Tapestry Weaving Workshop. Purchasing this materials kit does not grant access to the original workshop video. This materials kit is an opportunity to grow and expand using the original workshop tools and techniques.